Monday, June 4, 2012

End of the Year Update

I haven't written in a while and a lot has happened.  I had a fantastic spring break, and everything has been a blur since.  Time has flown by!  More recently, the students and staff (mostly staff) at the school I teach at threw me a surprise wedding shower on Friday!!! My heart is so full of gratitude and happiness for such a thoughtful surprise that they planned for me!  I literally didn't have words for such a fantastic surprise in my honor! The students weren't aware of the surprise either;  in fact, 5 students wished me happy birthday and 1 asked if I was retiring.  And speaking of retiring, I got an e-mail today notifying me that I will not have my current position in the fall.  While I felt so full of happiness and gratefulness on Friday, I'm feeling quite the opposite today.  I'm confused and hurt.  I can't imagine what I'm going to do or where I'm going to go from here. Retiring really does seem like a good idea!  I could just stay at home and sew all day.  Maybe make it big on etsy...

Needless to say, I must learn to take the good with the bad.  Hopefully positive news will find me in the future, but for now I'll continue my search.

No comments:

Post a Comment